Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Our McFamily is McExpanding: 16 weeks and counting


It's been almost a year and a half since I blogged last, and so on my fun summer vacation I figured I'd start back up with writing and making notes of all the memories our little McFamily is making. :) 
Since last writing:
  • Lane and I got married (we celebrated a year on May 12),
  • we welcomed a sweet pup named Penny into our family (who will turn a year old in July), 
  • we bought a wonderful little house in Hallsville ISD
  • both landed new jobs (Lane at GSMC as an RN and me at Hallsville ISD as a teacher at the junior high),
  • and found out mid-March that we're expecting our first miracle blessing in November (Thanksgiving Day to be exact!!!).
Now that we're in the beginning months of our 2nd year, I figured it's as good a time as any to start blogging again. :) 

I also figured I'd follow the trend and my friend April and start keeping tabs on this pregnancy journey. That's where this first post is heading... She answers questions weekly about baby and how things are going so...here goes nothing. :)
Baby is: According to Babycenter, baby is the size of an avocado and is about 4.5 inches long and weighs about 3.5 ounces. Apparently within the next few weeks I'll start feeling baby move. Right now I just feel baby flutters every now and then.
Symptoms: Nausea is finally slowing down. PRAISE THE LORD! After being nauseous for 16 weeks, it's about time for feeling better! My body didn't like the hormones apparently! :) Other than that, I'm feeling pretty "normal."
Sleep depends on the night. Sometimes I toss and turn and can't get comfortable, other times I sleep deeply and don't move. Today, I didn't even hear Lane's alarm go off or him get ready for work. Must've been one of those deep sleep nights. :)
Cravings: french fries. ketchup (not by itself...that's gross). PICKLES!! 
Aversions: Last week it was meat. We made several different dinners and I couldn't make myself eat the meat. Not sure if it was texture, smell, or what but it was not my friend. Last night I had grilled chicken and that was really good. Maybe it was just a "last week" thing. 
Drinking: As much water as I can! And still getting in my one caffeinated beverage in per day.
Clothes: Still in the same clothes. Some things are getting tighter and I'm now hanging most of my clothing items instead of putting them in the dryer, but I expect by the end of summer to need the beginnings of a maternity wardrobe.
Baby’s heartbeat: 145 on June 12. 
Gender: No idea, but with the heartbeat, I have a feeling it's going to be a boy. Regardless, of legos or princess attire, we just want a healthy baby.
What I miss: Energy! Not feeling like it's a million degrees in our house. I'm hot all the time! 
What I’m looking forward to: Our gender reveal (early to mid July), decorating the baby room, and being able to call this baby by name. :)
Well, I guess that's enough information and fun for my first post back. Thanks again to April for providing the questions that you'll be enjoying each week, along with the wonderful things that happen in our oh-so-exciting McFamily ;) Thanks for joining, and reading...
Until next time :)

No comments:

 
Images by Freepik